Monday, July 18, 2011

My favorite HEALTHY SNACK

It’s always hard to find a good snack that is healthy yet portable. Protein bars are a healthy snack, but I consider them to be SUPER GROSS. My choice for a great snack is an APPLE & ALMONDS. Not only is this a great on the go snack but also a great pre-workout snack.

Apple & Almonds

{via}

Let me break it down for ya.

1 APPLE: Carbohydrate for energy. Great nutritional value. It contains Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, a MODERATE amount of SUGAR and the super special Pectin Fiber. (I’ll explain why this is key in a minute.)

A HANDFUL (1 dozen) ALMONDS: Just the right amount of Protein & Fat for a snack.

The Pectin Fiber and the Almonds help slow the entrance of the sugar from the Apple into the bloodstream giving you a SUSTAINED ENERGY LEVEL & SAIETY (fullness).

Need to keep your APPLE safe on the go? Dress it up with a COZY!Apple Cozy

By SWEETBRIERS

No comments:

Post a Comment