Friday, June 3, 2011

Make Up: 7 Minute Summer Look

I used to spend a good half an hour putting on my make up. I don't necessary think I needed to take a half an hour, but I could, so I did. Why rush if you don't have to right!?  I am a girl who loves going and spending two hours in Sephora trying the latest make up products on the market and of course purchasing a few I happen to like. After leaving Sephora I'm pretty sure I would literally race-walk to my car and drive faster than normal home in order to try my new products out again and come up with a few new looks of which I would get bored of in a few weeks. And thus, the process would start over again. Plain and Simple... I love Make Up and have way too much of it!

Now that I'm a Momma, I don't have a half an hour to spend on my make up. Heck, some days I am lucky if I get any on at all. After six months of practice racing through my make up routine, I have a good summer look that would look good on most. It takes me about 7 minutes with the intermittent toy pick up. (Princess B's favorite game at the moment; Throw it on the floor and Momma picks it up! How fun for Momma. Wink-Wink.)

So here is how I go from this:


BEFORE

To This:


AFTER


And AFTER


And Again, AFTER

Here are the products I use to get my 7 Minute Summer Look:

1.) Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in Shell.

2.) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion

3.) Nars Eye Shadow - From Bridal Palette Nepal, Edie and Ondine

4.) Urban Decay Eye Liner in Zero (Just on the top lash line and outer bottom lash line)

5.) L'Oreal Waterproof Carbon Black Mascara

6.) Nars Blush in Orgasm

7.) Nars Bronzer in Laguna

8.) Urban Decay Lip liner in Naked

9.) Nars Lip Pot in Chelsea Girls


Here is how I apply these products:

Light coat of Revlon Photo Ready Foundation applied with a wedge sponge. Little UD primer potion applied on entire eyelid with fingertip. Apply Nars eye shadow as follows: On the Lid - Nepal, As a Highlight - Edie and in the Crease - Ondine. I don't use very much,  just a few sweeps of each and make sure to blend well. I apply the UD eye liner to the upper lash line and outer corner only and soften line with an angled brush or cotton swab. Curl lashes. Apply L'Oreal mascara. Curl Lashes again. Few sweeps of Nars blush on cheek bones. Sweep of Nars bronzer on middle of forehead, sides of nose, cheek bones and jaw line. Line cupid's bow and bottom center with UD lip liner. Soften and smudge outward with finger tip. Apply Nars lip pot to entire lip. And voila, you're done!

I know this might seem like a lot if you normally don't take the time for make up, but it's actually pretty quick. These colors are light and natural and will give you a nice sun kissed look for summer without a bunch of fuss. Now go put your face on!

If your wondering what Princess B is doing while I get my 7 Minute Summer Look on, well here you go! She loves to primp right along side me!


(Don't worry, I stand right beside her the whole time.)


Have any good summer make up tips? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment